Saturday, January 5, 2013

Minecraft Mania

Our house has recently succumbed to Minecraft Mania.  If you haven't been exposed, Minecraft is a game where you place blocks, fight monsters and discover things.  Perfect for my two Lego loving kids.  The graphics look like video games did back when we were playing on our Ataris.  After learning that our local library hosted a Minecraft Club for the middle school and high school kids, I downloaded the game on our laptop.  We homeschool and I love how many activities and opportunities our local library has for kids-its a great way for my kids to hang out with some public school kids that they may otherwise not get to meet. On the plus side, Minecraft encourages computer programming- you can customize your game with "texture packs" and mods and make it your own. So bonus- your kid may meet some smart computer programming type kids that may lead to him also wanting to learn more about computer programming!

Or you may just get roped into a bake sale fundraiser or two to support the club, while your kid plays the game with no desire to actually program anything on his own.
You can also play the game on XBOX LIVE, so you can meet up with your buddies in cyberspace and work together on goals and building things. Or you know, just wear the headset and yell into it periodically while you maniacally laugh and sabotage your big brother's efforts.  Or maybe that's just my daughter.

Minecraft Mania originated in our house after a visit to my sister's home, where her kids were well into the mania.

I love to make hairbows and Tutus and if you've been to my ETSY SHOP then you know I like to make my tutus and hairbows geektacular.  So Minecraft tutus and bows=perfect.



And now with extra awesomeness- the Creeper Tutu:
Available in my etsy shop-CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment