Friday, January 4, 2013

New

New Year, New goals, new stuff to post about.  I'm rusty and haven't committed words to paper or typing (other than grocery and to do lists) for quite some time.  So I'll start off with some posts of crafty stuff I've been up to.

I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977.  Yep, back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth in the eye's of my kiddos.  My son has been introduced to the Force for quite some time.  My daughter has been exposed- she alternated between Princess Leia and Tinkerbell every Halloween- but this year has marked her obsession with Boba Fett.  Sometimes I feel this could be a sign of my failings as a parent. Both kids love Boba.  The older one thinks Anakin is pretty cool.  I have to say their combo of Boba and Jango Fett at Halloween was pretty awesome.



Their birthdays are 1 day apart-one day shy of six years apart- so we alternate between family dinners and a joint party.  This year the big guy turned 13 so I imagine this is the last time I'll be getting away with a joint party.  Since they are obsessed with Star Wars we had a Star Wars themed party.  And since I'm obsessed with making things- I'm sharing some of the printable goodies I made!
I made labels for all the food with Star Wars fonts



 Download the set here:3http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/2FeKlUnI/_online.html#dir=645924923
Some of the food we had: Sarlac pit dip- smoky tuna dip with gummy worm tentacles and carrot sliver teeth,
Mandalorian Meatballs- sweet and sour meatballs in the crockpot
Tatooine-ies- lil smokies with BBQ sauce
Dark side cookies: boba fett cookies made with cutters from Williams and Sonoma
Cloud city cake pops- cake pops
Hoth Cocoa- do it yourself style- Cocoa in a thermos dispenser with whipped cream, caramel sauce, marshmallows and peppermints to flavor
Yoda Soda- sprite with lime sherbet served with a wedge of lime
Dagoba swamp gel- lime jello with gummy worms and fish

Cupcake toppers made from 1"circles and toothpicks:

Printed on 4 by 6 photo paper and used a 1" circle punch- get the printable here:http://www.4shared.com/office/x8mk27un/star_wars_outlines_4_6.html






 Also Star Wars themed Bingo Cards available at my 4shared account.

Star Wars themed Tutu costumes (including my r2d2 tutu) and bows:

No comments:

Post a Comment